How do medical schools remember early interviewees?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FireSlasher

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I had the opportunity to have an interview very early on the cycle. The school is non-rolling so they are going to make their decisions around February/March. Do I need to send an update or something around January? Because I find it really hard that they will remember me after all of those months. Or should I just assume that they already have everything they need to evaluate my candidacy based on my application and interviewers comments? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

should I just assume that they already have everything they need to evaluate my candidacy based on my application and interviewers comments?
Yes.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Usually the interviewers submit their comments/evals the day of the interview or shortly after. The interviewer will likely not even be in the room when the decision is made, the adcom will just review all the available information and make a decision. If you have something significant to update about and the school welcomes them, go ahead, but you don't need to do it just to remind them you exist.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, I had the opportunity to have an interview very early on the cycle. The school is non-rolling so they are going to make their decisions around February/March. Do I need to send an update or something around January? Because I find it really hard that they will remember me after all of those months. Or should I just assume that they already have everything they need to evaluate my candidacy based on my application and interviewers comments? Thanks.
They don't necessarily need to remember you if your name is on a wait list and you get pulled off the wait list as people ahead of ypu so come off of it.

Reactions: 1 user
Notes were made when you were interviewed. It is quite possible that you were reviewed and placed on a ranked list shortly thereafter but the school does not release decisions until the end of the cycle when they see where you fall in relation to all other interviewees.

Reactions: 4 users