How do programs compare COMLEX scores to USMLE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did not, you said take the USMLE to show you are the same as an MD. If that were true, you wouldn't have to score higher than the MD to be considered equivalent.
Those are clearly two separate problems and no I didn't say to take it to "show you are the same." I said take it so you could be compared more apples to apples on the most important aspect of your application.

Don't get me wrong. Some DO discrimination certainly exists but the topic of the thread (USMLE versus no USMLE) does not pertain to that. No one said anything about scoring higher until you did as far as I can remember.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Those are clearly two separate problems and no I didn't say to take it to "show you are the same." I said take it so you could be compared more apples to apples on the most important aspect of your application.

Don't get me wrong. Some DO discrimination certainly exists but the topic of the thread (USMLE versus no USMLE) does not pertain to that. No one said anything about scoring higher until you did as far as I can remember.
There's a lot of sidestepping going on and this conversation is littered with misinterpretation so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Regardless of which side you or others take on this issue, I hope you don't conduct yourself this way outside of SDN. This thread is a perfect example of the level of toxicity and the repeated transgressions of the "SDN clique" that deters people from participating in discussions: Persistent need to argue

Back to rarely contributing, if at all, for me (like the many other lurkers on SDN who don't participate because of this). This place is seriously malignant with people who are apparently above the TOS.

Reactions: 1 user
Whether a DO takes the USMLE or not, DOs still have to score higher to be considered equivalent to a lower scoring MD. There is discrimination. Its not just because they 'cant' compare the the USMLE and COMLEX, (which again has limited credibility that they're even an accurate metric, in fact, quite the opposite)
What school you go to matters. Ask lower tier MD schools and they will say the same thing. The USMLE is the great equalizer.

There's a lot of sidestepping going on and this conversation is littered with misinterpretation so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Regardless of which side you or others take on this issue, I hope you don't conduct yourself this way outside of SDN. This thread is a perfect example of the level of toxicity and the repeated transgressions of the "SDN clique" that deters people from participating in discussions: Persistent need to argue

Back to rarely contributing, if at all, for me (like the many other lurkers on SDN who don't participate because of this). This place is seriously malignant with people who are apparently above the TOS.
Not sure what your point is here but just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean sdn is malignant

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Reactions: 3 users

Lol

Reactions: 1 users
Somewhat back on topic...

Are there usually minimum cutoffs, or is it generally just pass with whatever score on the first or second attempt?

Its all program dependent. Many places will have cutoffs and many will just care that you passed. If we're talking USMLE, I probably wouldn't take it unless you'll score above 210, just because below that the benefit/utility of taking it is not all that clear or significant.

Some will even overlook a one-time Level fail, but that's going to limit your options. Don't fail. You'd be better off delaying and studying more than rushing and failing.

Try to increase on Level 2 at least the typical amount.