How Do Schools View AMCAS Course Information Changes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DaOddOne

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
AMCAS marked a couple of my courses with an X meaning it was a course that was verified with a correction. All of the markings I agree with as several were designation issues pertaining to AP credits, but I am concerned about one of them. I have only failed one class and I put my grade as F in AMCAS. For some reason my school transcript lists "0.00" under hours for failed courses. While I know this isn't accurate when considering grade calculations, I listed 0 hours since I had been instructed to put the transcript information into AMCAS exactly as it appears on the transcript. During verification the credits were rightfully adjusted and I'm left with an X next to the course. Will schools see this correction and think that I was trying to lie on my application? If so, is this something that I should address in my secondary application to answer the, "Is there anything else...", question?

Members don't see this ad.

No need to address it. AMCAS has to process transcripts from literally thousands of schools. With 60,000 students entering information there are bound to be things that AMCAS corrects. Just complete the secondary prompts as directed.

This is a non-issue. Don't worry about it and certainly don't bring it up in an application essay.