How do the breaks on test day work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oxeye

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does coming/going work with the breaks/lunch? Can you leave the testing area at all?

The part of the day I'm dreading the most is the fact that I will be away from my nursing daughter for longer than I've ever left her. She'll be fine - she eats a little food and drinks fom bottles. But I'll either have to have my husband bring the baby to me at lunch so I can feed her (for my relief, not her hunger, LOL) or I'll have to pump. Both of these will involve needing to leave the testing area.

Do they just re-fingerprint you anytime you have to leave or come back? How does it work?

Members don't see this ad.

My center:

you can leave the test center whenever you want. They won't wait for you. If you get locked out. tough luck. Did not happen though.

fingerprint on arrival. Then they give you some ID paper. when they hand out the PS, verbal, BS, and written, the proctors check to make sure you are the person based on your slip and photo ID.

When collecting exams they check again.