how do U.S. students pay for Ireland tuition?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xTinaBna

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

i was just wondering how u.s. students pay for tuition and cost of living when attending medical school in ireland? i understand that federal subsidized and unsubsidized loans amount to about $18,500 u.s. dollars, but surely that is not enough to cover the cost of tuition and living in ireland. I was wondering how u.s. students fund their education? are there other loans to cover your needs? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

For most people, it's a mixture of family help, Stafford loans and private loans. Of course, avoidance of private loans is preferable. But most people here have family help or spousal help. For those who don't, it's a mix of stafford and private loans.

With the Dollar so weak, it's actually quite expensive. I'm paying courtesy of a combo of Stafford and Private Loans. The Atlantic Bridge Program is extraordinarily efficient and helpful when it comes to your financial needs -- they'll direct you to the very best loans.
Hope this helps.
cbenedic said:
Hello!

i was just wondering how u.s. students pay for tuition and cost of living when attending medical school in ireland? i understand that federal subsidized and unsubsidized loans amount to about $18,500 u.s. dollars, but surely that is not enough to cover the cost of tuition and living in ireland. I was wondering how u.s. students fund their education? are there other loans to cover your needs? Thanks!