how do you Accept, then Decline??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

optEXTREME

big red
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i have been accepted to PCO but still have 4 more interviews next month.

i plan on accepting and paying the $500 deposit, but PCO is not my #1.

my question is, if I decide not to go to PCO, do I just call the admissions office and tell them I am withdrawing and to un-reserve my spot?

have any of you been in this situation?
 
I have done this, and am actually getting ready to withdraw one of them. I plan on writing a letter to the school explaining that I have chosen another school.
 
I'm writing a letter so that it is not only in writing, but also in my opinion seems more professional.