How do you answer these questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Halaljello

Hot Oil
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
here are a few from interviewfeedback.com...

If you had a breast cancer patient who could not afford a suitable treatment, what would you do?

If the 14 year old daughter of one of your colleagues came to you as a patient requesting birth control, what whould you do?

I you had a patient with a questionable diagnosis and you had a test which you felt was medicaly nessicary but was not covered by the patients insurance/HMO, would you "fudge" the diagnosis to get the test covered?

How would you deal with dishonest physicians/colleagues outside of med school (knowing some of your classmates cheated, etc in classes)? Ex: when patients ask for referrals.

What would I do if a patient came to me with diabetes who was overweight and smoked and I counseled them and they came back 6 months later heavier?

uff!!... i havent had experiences even close to what some of these questions ask for... anyone know how one should approach these kind of questions and provide a good solid answer?

thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I can't answer these questions for you but I think they are simply asking you if you have a stance on these ethical issues. There is no right or wrong. They best you can do is put for your beliefs in an educated and calm manner. They are looking for your thought process and probably interested in seeing you squirm a bit. Most of these questions are topics you will tackle in a medical ethics class. Don't sweat them, just be aware of where you stand on some of the major ethical issues. It can be a middle of the road or extremly radical or whatever.

Dave-

I'm still laughing! :D Ain't that the truth though...