How do you approach doing practice questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about to start doing UW and there about 2000 questions. Do you guys take notes or do you just try and get through as many questions as possible? I think it will be hard to take notes on so many questions but also know I wouldnt remember all these questions if I just zip through them. THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE !!!

Members don't see this ad.

I did the first 50% of UW in tutor mode, and read through the explanations after each question, regardless of whether I got it correct or not. Then, I took notes as needed, basically if I knew it was a good little tidbit that I wanted to make sure I remembered...I wrote it down. I then review these notes periodically and annotate them as I come across additional info.

The remaining 50%, starting tomorrow, I will do timed mode in order to more accurately reflect actual testing conditions and performance. I will review questions as I feel necessary, particularly if I do terribly on a specific question block.

Anyway that is the plan. So far, my scores have been climbing nicely...so I guess it works? Just come up with a system that works for you, all that matters is you get through the material and show improvement, unless you're already a rock star. :cool:

Depends on if time is an issue for you - If it is, do them timed as much as possible. I don't have many problems with time, so I would do them fairly quickly and accept that I'd make a few mistakes that I shouldn't, and then spend more time going over answers. Really make sure you understand why you got something wrong, and you'll be fine.

The USMLEWorld everyone talks about is just usmleworld.com, right? Probably a pretty stupid question, I know, but it's a pretty generic-sounding name and a pretty generic-looking website, so I dunno, if I'm giving them money better safe than sorry I guess. :oops: