How do you guys organize your time? Do you just cut sleep?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BeGladNonTrad

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like I've been trying too hard to sleep and may just need to reduce it and accept the suck. These past few years there's been a lot of advocating for full 7-8 hours of sleep and I think that really made me anxious about not getting enough sleep. Outside of feeling tired, is it that big of a deal?

Anyone here have time for a part-time or full time job, commuting between work and job, studying, being physically healthy (exercise), managing relationships( whether you're dating or married,) and other "obligations" while getting enough sleep?

Do you ever get time to "unwind"? Is it that big of a deal for you? Do you just suck it up and trudge along?

I'd love anecdotes from people who had poor time management initially and were able to set up a system to make it work.

Cheers!
 
I work about 70 hours a week at a corporate finance role and have been swamped with secondaries---I am averaging between 4 and 5 hours a night. My time to unwind is usually the shower or listening to a CreepCast episode (shout out Papa Meat and Wendigoon) before calling it a night.