How do you know the specificity of interview and secondary questions?

Started by LoveBeingHuman:)
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

L

LoveBeingHuman:)

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For example, if I was asked "describe a failure or setback and how you overcame it" (does this mean a failure in life, one of my non-academic goals, in research, failing a class, etc or something really specific like not being able to get the dye to attach to a specimen in my lab)

Another example is if I was asked what one of my weaknesses was. Am I supposed to answer something a bit more broad like tendency to be a bit impatient or am I supposed to answer something specific like not being able to quickly calculate in my head?
 
For example, if I was asked "describe a failure or setback and how you overcame it" (does this mean a failure in life, one of my non-academic goals, in research, failing a class, etc)

Another example is if I was asked what one of my weaknesses was. Am I supposed to answer something a bit more broad like tendency to be a bit impatient or am I supposed to answer something specific like not being able to quickly calculate in my head?
Haven't gotten to this stage but I do believe they intend to leave these relatively vague to allow you to kinda run off in whatever direction you want. Some people may have overcome a setback in a much different setting than another individual, but they want to give both of them the same opportunity to run off with the topic and describe it in great detail.