MD How do you learn things that are not covered by pathoma on step 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taeyeonlover

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m currently aiming to take exam at the end of June. I am using pathoma, first aid, uworld, bnb, and sketchy as my resources.

I am wondering how I can learn materials that are not covered in pathoma? It’s pretty easy to go through pathoma but in first aid there are a lot of things that are not covered by that book such as embryology, menstrual cycle, etc.

If I didn’t know them at all, would just reading first aid not be enough? Since first aid is more of outline of things? Do you think I should use bnb since it has very comprehensive explanations?

I’m just worried that I might not be able to go through much of bnb by end of June. I have some school related things to do for three weeks so I won’t have full time studying during that time. Is doing bnb at this point not a good idea?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Active learning > passive reading. I'm also in dedicated and I don't know if you want to take my advice, but one thing that has helped me focus on the highest of high-yields is paying attention to UWorld questions where the % correct is very high (70-80%+) which tells me this is something everyone knows (Or should know) because its "easier". That clues me in that there's some page in FA I need to go back and learn cold, probably make anki cards out of. Similarly if there is a UWorld q with 30% that got the correct answer, I feel less concerned about not knowing it.

Reactions: 1 users
Rapid Review is nice but a bit dense to go through as a review resource during dedicated. Honestly UWorld will help tons and the rest you can Google after getting questions wrong on UWorld.

Reactions: 1 user