You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
How do you like to keep yourself occupied during long, stable cases?
Started by sadgeboi
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
PokemonJust curious what everyone likes to do during long, stable cases.
Gotta catch em all
Honestly, reading usually something medical
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1130227
Porn on my phone.
D
deleted1130227
You could do compounding with negative real returns.🙁News on the phone..
During better economic times, I’d run compound interest calculations, at different rates of return, on my investments.
Etc.
Ask about other cases each time one finishes and make offhand comments like, "wow, he really knocked that one out fast. He is the best surgeon ever!"
Or read an anesthesia book. Keeps me up to date so I don't have to ever read at home. And it is really good optics. I promise you that the whole room knows what each anesthesiologist does during these cases.
Or read an anesthesia book. Keeps me up to date so I don't have to ever read at home. And it is really good optics. I promise you that the whole room knows what each anesthesiologist does during these cases.
Porn on my phone.
So that’ll keep you occupied for 45 seconds. Then what?
Lol. I used to look at porn on the internet but I finished it.So that’ll keep you occupied for 45 seconds. Then what?
You finished it? There's tons of new content daily. How did you get through it all?Lol. I used to look at porn on the internet but I finished it.
Hot tub time machine. Went to the future. Short version, you guys are unnecessarily worrying about your retirement.You finished it? There's tons of new content daily. How did you get through it all?
Unnecessarily worrying cause they’ll switch career fields and break into the porn industry?Hot tub time machine. Went to the future. Short version, you guys are unnecessarily worrying about your retirement.
Or the stock market will improve?
Both?
Neither. Let's just say the preppers were right. And many of you are going to be disappointed that porn went digital
Glad to see this post. Airline pilots figured out crew resource management 50 years ago and appropriate times to maintain a sterile cockpit. I suggest to residents that they find the Airbus pilot manual online and read the portion on times for maintaining a sterile cockpit. During induction and emergence it is inappropriate to be engaged in anything else and we need to communicate any anticipated difficulties with either so the surgeons and nurses can help us if necessary. When we are cruising on autopilot it is appropriate to read while being situationally aware.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do the airline pilots look at porn or student pilot network posts on the internet?
Glad to see this post. Airline pilots figured out crew resource management 50 years ago and appropriate times to maintain a sterile cockpit. I suggest to residents that they find the Airbus pilot manual online and read the portion on times for maintaining a sterile cockpit. During induction and emergence it is inappropriate to be engaged in anything else and we need to communicate any anticipated difficulties with either so the surgeons and nurses can help us if necessary. When we are cruising on autopilot it is appropriate to read while being situationally aware.
Do the airline pilots look at porn or student pilot network posts on the internet?
Legends say before I got to my current gig, there was an anesthesiologist that could name everyone's porn Doppleganger. Apparently he was pretty accurate. He was like a porn historian. He eventually got fired for sexually harassing someone.Porn on my phone.
D
deleted87051
Legends say before I got to my current gig, there was an anesthesiologist that could name everyone's porn Doppleganger. Apparently he was pretty accurate. He was like a porn historian. He eventually got fired for sexually harassing someone.
Now they probably want him back😉
D
deleted1130227
THREAD HIJACKLegends say before I got to my current gig, there was an anesthesiologist that could name everyone's porn Doppleganger. Apparently he was pretty accurate. He was like a porn historian. He eventually got fired for sexually harassing someone.
Everyone has a pornstar moniker.
First name: The name of your first pet that is the same gender as you.
Last name: The Street that you grew up on.
Mine: Otis Hampton
Read mostly. Sometimes SDN, sometimes uptodate, sometimes reddit. Sometimes I just sit and stare at the gme ticker.
That is hilarious. The chair umpire at a tennis match.
If the case is stable and boring, just make it unstable and interesting. Pull out the lines, bolus random drugs, see how long you can keep your eyes closed while disassembling/reassembling the anaesthesia machine, yell random things like "fire!!! FIRE!!!"
Heaps of ways to have fun.
Edit: 'quietly' explain the surgical procedure to a nurse/student, but purposefully get everything sightly wrong and see how long the surgeon can ignore you.
Heaps of ways to have fun.
Edit: 'quietly' explain the surgical procedure to a nurse/student, but purposefully get everything sightly wrong and see how long the surgeon can ignore you.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 60
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 21
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 313
- Views
- 16K
- Replies
- 68
- Views
- 6K