How do you manage your finances during School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

How do you guys manage your finances during Pod Schools. I mean, how do you support your day to day expenses. I know we can take loans, etc for school fees and tuition. but what abt like dorm fees, food, clothes, etc. Do your parents finance you (ha ha! typical indian question) or does your spouse works or you work part-time or how?

Iam planning to start podiatry without a BS degree bcoz i figured out even i graduate with a BS in Biology or Biochem, what job am i gonna do when i will be attending full time Podiatry school. had i done a RN or Radiography school as a BS , then things would have been different. i cud have been making $25/hr on weekends and study during weekdays. lol. but plzz say me, how do you guys survive.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

your financial aid will cover both school fees and living cost if you take full budget. Just figure out how much money you need per month and transfer only that into your checking account, keep the rest in savings. I know many students who use there financial aid to buy cars etc...in my opinion not the best idea, but if you need a car.

Try not to stress too much about you finances, you will have enough to worry about. I just receieved my bill from Sallie Mae for the past 4 years and be prepared to for a big number.

Some students will get aid from their families and some wont, everyone will be okay. It takes an average of 10-15 years to pay back your dept, at least that is what they have told me.

good luck

It only gets tough when you have a family. Other than that the FA is enough to live.