How do you provide hours documentation to schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mangojuice

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey All,

When applying, how did you provide formal documentation to schools for the shadowing/volunteering hours?

So far, I've been writing mine in a notebook, lol.

Will I need to provide documentation from the shelters/hospitals?

Thanks much! 🙂
 
Hey All,

When applying, how did you provide formal documentation to schools for the shadowing/volunteering hours?

So far, I've been writing mine in a notebook, lol.

Will I need to provide documentation from the shelters/hospitals?

Thanks much! 🙂

No, you don't need to provide documentation. You simply write down the number of hours for each experience on VMCAS, along with contact information for that location (although the great majority of schools never follow up with contacting the facility to confirm your hours are accurate).
 
The application asks for hours worked and for contact information of your supervisor, basically. You definitely want to keep track so that you have the number of hours, but you don't need to provide any formal documentation for VMCAS. You'll also have your letters of recommendation, at least one of which should be from a veterinarian.