How do you reapply for 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gijohn529

USC Dental 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...

I'm starting to freak out getting accepted for 2007 and was wondering how to apply for 2008. Is there a way to move the 2006 application info to AADSAS' 2007 application?

Members don't see this ad.

Certain things can be cut and pasted to make it easier, like your gharts of clubs and extracurricular activities...especially nice is that you don't have to retype descriptions.

However, you will have to reenter all the classes and grades and a lot of the other information again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it a good idea to get copies of LORs before applying? Therefore, if you need to re-apply, you already have them.

If you are re-applying, do you need to get NEW LOR. Do some people use their old letters? Is there a requirement to get new ones?

If you are re-applying, do you need to get NEW LOR. Do some people use their old letters? Is there a requirement to get new ones?

detroit mercy or detroit michigan whatever their name is requires new LORs. but i would ask the adcoms at the dental schools you're applying to to verify if it's okay to use the old ones. i personally recommend using new ones.

Could you use the old letters? Sure, its not like they'll be likely to nail you for reusing one. Would it be smart? If you didn't get in with the current ones, probably not. You don't just want to repeat your application, you want to make it better.