1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

How do you reapply for 2008

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by gijohn529, Mar 2, 2007.

1. gijohn529

gijohn529 USC Dental 2012

Pre-Dental
    Hey guys...

I'm starting to freak out getting accepted for 2007 and was wondering how to apply for 2008. Is there a way to move the 2006 application info to AADSAS' 2007 application?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jim85213

Dentist

I cut and pasted my application into a word document.

4. djeffreyt

djeffreyt Senior Member

Dentist
    Certain things can be cut and pasted to make it easier, like your gharts of clubs and extracurricular activities...especially nice is that you don't have to retype descriptions.

However, you will have to reenter all the classes and grades and a lot of the other information again.

5. busupshot83

busupshot83 S.D.N. Vet

Is it a good idea to get copies of LORs before applying? Therefore, if you need to re-apply, you already have them.

6. SkeetyPeetey

Pre-Dental
    If you are re-applying, do you need to get NEW LOR. Do some people use their old letters? Is there a requirement to get new ones?

7. AnonymousADCOM

Pre-Dental
    detroit mercy or detroit michigan whatever their name is requires new LORs. but i would ask the adcoms at the dental schools you're applying to to verify if it's okay to use the old ones. i personally recommend using new ones.

8. vellnueve

Dentist

Could you use the old letters? Sure, its not like they'll be likely to nail you for reusing one. Would it be smart? If you didn't get in with the current ones, probably not. You don't just want to repeat your application, you want to make it better.