How do you review your practice Exams?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nyphool

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I find that reviewing the practice exams takes freakin forever. It could take 2 days plus to review one practice exam. I am currently taking kaplan and the explanations are like half a page for one question. I hear that the aamc explanations from thier website are much shorter. For people that have membership, is it worth it to get a membership just for the explanations? kaplan also has the aamc exams but they have their own explanations. When you review, do you only read why the answer is correct? I try to read why the answers are wrong also and sometimes i feel its too much. I also find that reviewing verbal takes the longest and is the most boring and agonizing. Anyone feel the same? what are you doing?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't miss any questions so I don't need to review my practice tests.

NOT!!!!!!!! :laugh:

I usually just read through the solutions, find out where I went wrong.. and either make a flashcard or a mental note in hopes to correct the error in my brain. For calculation problems, I find out how I either screwed up the formula or divided/multiplied wrong.. If it wasn't either of these, it had to be a conceptual issue or a misread.

For Verbal I redo passages that I got more than 2 questions wrong about 3days-1 week after doing the exam. then I will look at the answers for those passages.

When I am redoing passages I don't time myself and usually do them on the train or whenever I get a chance.85 minutes just to do it the first time already sucks up a lot of time.

I'm using the EK verbal book

Nyphool said:
I also find that reviewing verbal takes the longest and is the most boring and agonizing. Anyone feel the same? what are you doing?