How do you study neuroanatomy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taeyeonlover

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m currently taking system based neuro module that covers many different subjects such as neuroanatomy, pharmacology, psychiatry etc.

I am wondering how I can study neuroanatomy? I took anatomy during first year but I remember absolutely nothing.

Should I reread netters?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I’m currently taking system based neuro module that covers many different subjects such as neuroanatomy, pharmacology, psychiatry etc.

I am wondering how I can study neuroanatomy? I took anatomy during first year but I remember absolutely nothing.

I used the atlas we had for our class. Hanes Neuroanatomy - it had drawings as well as corresponding imaging and pictures of the gross structure. I also practiced drawing blood supply as my teachers loved to ask questions from that. Good luck!

I liked the Boards and Beyond videos for a lot of neuro topics

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Used the MSU cadaver deck + anki'ed my own from lecture. Aced

clinical neuroanatomy made ridiculously simple

Dr. Najeeb taught me everything I know. Totally worth the time investment

I struggled in neuro. What got me through was Blumenfeld's Neuroanatomy Through Clinical Cases. There's cases in each chapter with questions and explanations. Super helpful for lesion localization.

you can probably find a pdf somewhere online

Reactions: 1 user