How do you update your transcript?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kreno

Candy Man
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, when the semester ends do I have my transcripts sent to AMCAS or each of the medical schools I applied to? Or both? What if I lower my GPA (which I will do)? Can I just be sneaky and not send it? Not by much, just like .1 or whatever.. but still.

Also, I actually have grades from spring 2002 that med schools don't know about... it was from a school when I studied abroad. Anyway, they know 'cuz it's on my AMCAS just WITHOUT grades ('cuz when I applied grades weren't in yet). But now they're in (jeez, kinda late eh?) so what do I do? Have the foreign school forward an official transcript to the medschools OR amcas, or both?
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

send your trans just to AMCAS then school can get it from them...
and I believe that you have to send it if they have not made their decision yet...

cuz not just the grade you get matters but they want to make sure that you took all the classes that you said you will on AMCAS app and pass'em all...

and here's my Q...doesn't your school trans show that you studied abroad anyway? (cuz my school does...) if it doesn't, i have know idea whether it's ok or not...

Good luck

Originally posted by CoronaBOY

I believe that you have to send it if they have not made their decision yet...

I mean that you do have to send it right away if they have not made their decision (it's like they will hold your app if you are Aug MCAT ppl)
and if you already got accepted, then you have to give them your full trans anytime before your enter med school ...so...

Members don't see this ad :)
i thought we weren't obligated to take the senior year courses we listed on AMCAS. i thought that was just a hypothetical course load. in my situation, i'm only taking two out of the four classes i listed for the fall term. i talked to several admissions deans and they all said that they don't care whether or not i'm taking what i listed in my amcas (senior year), as long as i meet their reqs and graduate. if you think about it, it doesn't make sense to have to take what you listed since many people aren't even sure if the courses they listed have any time conflicts (and some may even be cancelled before the start of the term).

hey, zer0el
what you said definitely make sense...but I just wrote what i find out from four schools that i interviewed so far...

there, dean and other committee ppl told us that we should take the classes that we said we will...

i guess they are looking for that we didn't BS on app to impress them, like by listing bunch of Grad courses...

but that's what they told me...

good luck, ya'll

Originally posted by CoronaBOY
send your trans just to AMCAS then school can get it from them...

Are you sure about this? After submission, transcript matching forms aren't even available on AMCAS anymore. So how are you supposed to send in your transcripts? AMCAS makes a big deal about you using the matching forms when sending in transcripts the first time, so I doubt they'd want a bunch of un-matched transcripts mailed to them.

I would guess that you'd need to send them in to the schools directly. Can anyone verify this?

coronaboy:
hmm, thats definitely interesting. what schools told you that info? the schools i talked to (northwestern, CWRU, and UCI) didn't seem to care that i was taking a slightly different course load.

Okay. HOW ABOUT YOU APPLICANTS *LAST* year. How did you update your grades? All of us obviously have no clue.

Originally posted by wolferman
Are you sure about this? After submission, transcript matching forms aren't even available on AMCAS anymore. So how are you supposed to send in your transcripts? AMCAS makes a big deal about you using the matching forms when sending in transcripts the first time, so I doubt they'd want a bunch of un-matched transcripts mailed to them.

I would guess that you'd need to send them in to the schools directly. Can anyone verify this?

I haven't used that matching form but they got mine alright...

you have to bring your final trans to the school you will attend before school starts...

But for the app reason, i'm pretty sure that you just need to send it to AMCAS...

if I'm wrong then someone correct that....

Originally posted by zer0el
coronaboy:
hmm, thats definitely interesting. what schools told you that info? the schools i talked to (northwestern, CWRU, and UCI) didn't seem to care that i was taking a slightly different course load.

UT Houston, UT Galveston, TX A&M, TX Tech said that...

and not the dean but admissions office person from Wake Forest who i talked to for my interview schedule said that...

it might be different from school to school...but that's what i heard tho...

and like i said, taking slightly different course like you said is different from BS on app to impress admissions office, you know?

GUYS, i love you all but I need an answer here! I didn't change my classes to something else - I'm the same as I said I'd be. So what do i do?