How do you usually satisfy your CME requirement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

goldsummer

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a new attending, looking into different ways to obtain CME. For the seasoned attendings, how do you usually get your CME requirement? Self study? Conferences? combination?

I have 5 days off for CME related events so ideally id like to use those. Many events are virtual now which is fine, but not sure how to find out all the options? Ive gotten some ads through the mail so i know about those, beyond that, no clue. I have interest in a few topics but not sure where to look to find potential events involving them.

Can you satisfy CME from doing activities online, such as NEJM?

thanks
 
AFP quizzes.

If you're an AAFP member you have to get 25 live hours every 3 years, so I usually do have to do about two conferences in that span of time. I have to say, covid has been great for this because most of those conferences are now live streams.
Live stream was awesome this year. It also coincided with deer season, I really enjoyed “listening” while on a tree stand.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad