How does GPA offset a low MCAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maybe a 24 or a 25

Honestly, a 24 or less is not something that can be offset or masked with a gpa. It's for the most part a major hole in your application and most schools will choose other applicants over you. And being frank, it is a score that warrants a retake as it is below the average taker.

Honestly, a 24 or less is not something that can be offset or masked with a gpa. It's for the most part a major hole in your application and most schools will choose other applicants over you. And being frank, it is a score that warrants a retake as it is below the average taker.

eeehhhh I've seen a lot of people get into D.O schools with 24s especially the newer schools. Again it all depends.

Members don't see this ad :)
eeehhhh I've seen a lot of people get into D.O schools with 24s especially the newer schools. Again it all depends.

Some students do, most don't. Sorry, but mcat scores have been going up both literally and in importance in the application cycle. And in your case a 24 will almost certainly get ou a pre-secondary rejection at NYCOM or Touro-NY.

Some students do, most don't. Sorry, but mcat scores have been going up both literally and in importance in the application cycle. And in your case a 24 will almost certainly get ou a pre-secondary rejection at NYCOM or Touro-NY.

my case ?

I.e you want to stay in NY and want to go to a DO school in NY. I'm saying that a 24 will not be redeemed with even a 4.0 for those two schools.

I was hoping being in state would give me an advantage with nycom not to sure about touro though.