How does gpr/aegd pay you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WannabBigshot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi.

So do they pay you like a job, bi-weekly? Or like we have received student loan, two big checks? Is there tax to pay?

><

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the program, mine pays biweekly, I have friends at other programs that get paid monthly. You pay taxes just like you would with any other job income (state, federal etc.)

Reactions: 1 user
yeah, a whole lot of taxes which equates to nothing! Im at LMC which pays bi-weekly "$40,000 annual". In reality, you are getting paid $20/hr + tax. It really becomes more like $24,000 per year!

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, a whole lot of taxes which equates to nothing! Im at LMC which pays bi-weekly "$40,000 annual". In reality, you are getting paid $20/hr + tax. It really becomes more like $24,000 per year!

AEGD? GPRs generally pay more than AEGDs since they're funded by GME. My GPR pays bi-weekly. About $43k after tax for the year ~$30hour. Plus a $2200 tax-free education stipend, really cheap health insurance, and reimbursement for DEA license. And like 20 sick days plus 4 weeks vacation.

Thank you for answers guys. If you don't mind, can you guys share what's your annual pay and what you are actually getting paid after tax?

AEGD? GPRs generally pay more than AEGDs since they're funded by GME. My GPR pays bi-weekly. About $43k after tax for the year ~$30hour. Plus a $2200 tax-free education stipend, really cheap health insurance, and reimbursement for DEA license. And like 20 sick days plus 4 weeks vacation.

So, how can you use $2200 tax-free education stipend? That's something you can request if you want to take CE course outside of your program?

which state are you in?

20 sick days and 4 weeks vacation. Thats like you never have to work.

Most GPRs are paid biweekely.
Your pay is dependent upon the area your program is at, and what a PGY-1 gets paid for that hospital. Some places a PGY-1 gets 60k while others are 40k. This is before taxes.

Your education stipend is also program dependent. Some programs have it others dont. It is usually for books, courses, licenses, loupes, etc...

Since most AEGDs are based out of a dental school/clinic they are unable to get GME funding, so they get paid a lot less, usually somewhere in the 20-30k range.