***Official 2026 GPR+AEGD PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LocationProgram
GA, Atlanta
Georgia School of Orthodontics - Hudson Valley RMC
ORTH-3 YR
Code: 762674 Positions: 21
IA, Iowa City
University of Iowa
PROS-3 YR
Code: 902892 Positions: 1
NY, Buffalo
University at Buffalo
PROS-3 YR
Code: 902092 Positions: 3
NY, New York
New York University
PERIO-3 YR
Code: 541458 Positions: 2
NY, New York
New York University College of Dentistry
PROS-3 YR
Code: 901192 Positions: 4
PA, Philadelphia
University of Pennsylvania
PROS-3 YR
Code: 903592 Positions: 1
QC, Montreal
McGill University HC - Montreal General Hospital
GPR-CAN-1 YR
Code: 851485 Positions: 6
QC, Quebec City
Laval University
GPR-CAN-1 YR
Code: 851585 Positions: 3
TX, San Antonio
UT Health San Antonio, School of Dentistry
PROS-3 YR
Code: 904292 Positions: 4
WV, Morgantown
West Virginia University
PROS-3 YR
Code: 904692 Positions: 1
How can we apply for these positions? Should we apply via PASS?
 
It's interesting because the person said she got an interview from Rochester earlier this month and it's the 2 year FTD track. But dentoid97 said no invitations sent on 12th? Maybe they sent out to 2 year track but no 1 year track? Idk what to believe lol

I was talking about the 2 year track , I spoke to a fellow international who I am friends with at the time he told me they haven’t sent invitations yet , Rochester are known for taking their time, if you go over threads from previous years you would see the same pattern.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was talking about the 2 year track , I spoke to a fellow international who I am friends with at the time he told me they haven’t sent invitations yet , Rochester are known for taking their time, if you go over threads from previous years you would see the same pattern.
I received an interview invitation email this morning for the 2-year AEGD program, then 2 hours later they said it was sent by mistake and the faculty are still reviewing the applications. Did anybody else get the same?
 
I've heard they sent out first batch. I didn't get it and am wondering if anyone else got i
It's interesting because the person said she got an interview from Rochester earlier this month and it's the 2 year FTD track. But dentoid97 said no invitations sent on 12th? Maybe they sent out to 2 year track but no 1 year track? Idk what to believe lol

I received an interview invitation email this morning for the 2-year AEGD program, then 2 hours later they said it was sent by mistake and the faculty are still reviewing the applications. Did anybody else get the same?
Yes me too
 
Yes me too
I received an interview invitation email this morning for the 2-year AEGD program, then 2 hours later they said it was sent by mistake and the faculty are still reviewing the applications. Did anybody else get the same?
Out of curiosity, when did you apply and get confirmation of complete email? The person who got interview said application turned it in in mid August and received an invite early November. I turned in late August and no answer
 
Out of curiosity, when did you apply and get confirmation of complete email? The person who got interview said application turned it in in mid August and received an invite early November. I turned in late August and no answer
I applied late July, not very early. I think hey have sent a first batch in early November and now they are preparing for the second. They are still reviewing applications so there is still hope.
 
I applied late July, not very early. I think hey have sent a first batch in early November and now they are preparing for the second. They are still reviewing applications so there is still hope.
My rough guess is this was actually their 2nd batch. Application Deadlines/Interviews/Decisions - Application - Eastman Institute for Oral Health Eastman Dental - University of Rochester Medical Center

I think 1st batch started at oct-nov and this email we got for nov-dec is second. Maybe 3rd will be dec to jan and the whole process ends and decision in Feb
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do y’all think they’re done sending out invites until after the New Year? Anyone get an invite from Metro Health GPR?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TBH, i think eastman is done with everything except the acceptance letter. Match day is soon and 1 year is with match. You wanna align 2 year track with 1 year. Better luck next year yall!
 
Hi Everyone,

Our GPR program at Columbia/NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital has one spot left for a resident to start July 1st. Essentially the position acts as OS non-categorical spots. You take OS call and are heavily involved with the OMFS team including the OR and in the clinic. Call is usually q7. Great opportunity for someone thinking about OMS but still wants a little exposure to general dentistry or someone who applied to OMS and did not get a spot this round looking for a non-cat spot. DM me if interested.
 
The GPR at the University of Vermont Medical Center is a comprehensive, well rounded one year program located in scenic Burlington, Vermont. The program offers unique exposure to all facets of general dentistry, including Hospital/OR, FQHC, and private practice dentistry. Procedure mix is excellent with generous financial assistance program. Very supportive and extensive group of attending dentists and specialists allow for treatment of complex cases. Ability to gain independence in all facets of general dentistry while mostly having a 2 or 3 to 1 faculty: resident ratio daily. Please contact for more details if you are interested. This is very rare post-match opportunity!
 

Attachments

  • GPR flyer.jpg
    GPR flyer.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 205
For anyone currently looking at AEGD programs, applications have just opened for a new dental residency program starting this cycle in July 2026. This program has no tuition and include a $40,000 stipend. The application deadline is March 1st and will enroll up to 10 residents. I’m attaching the application portal and program flyer below for anyone who wants more information.

email: [email protected]
Website
Application Link
 

Attachments

Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
can someone please post the post-match open positions
Hi @hurricaneg
If you are still looking for a position, I would like to share that our GPR program has had a position become available in our Titusville, PA Regional Training Center location for this year @ PGY1 level and it's under 2 hours from Pittsburgh, PA.
This residency will have a great impact on those in a community facing severe dental professional shortages, and residents gain advanced training in a private practice-like setting. Please reach out to myself, or program admin Heather Laabs at [email protected] if you are interested in the position. Best wishes for your search!
 
Hello, I am also seeking a post-match position as well! Graduated two years ago but wanted to expand my skillset in a residency program. Please PM me if there are any programs available. Thank you!
 
Hi everyone. I am currently looking for open GPR positions in New York, with interest in Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, or nearby areas. If anyone is aware of programs with available openings, I would really appreciate the information. Please feel free to PM me. Thank you!
 
Last edited: