Blitz2006

10+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2006
Status
I noticed some fellowships require MSPE, much like Residency application required it.

Does anyone know, for Fellowship apps, on ERAS, can I upload the MSPE myself on ERAS? I have a copy on my computer.

Or does it have to be directly uploaded from medical school...?

I really don't want to be nagging my medical school after all these years for MSPE....

aProgDirector

Pastafarians Unite!
10+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
Your medical school is well prepared to upload MSPE's. Just ask them, it will take them no time at all.

Reactions: IMPD

AdmiralChz

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2008
Mid-Atlantic
Status
Attending Physician
Just went through fellowship apps and yes a few asked for MSPE (which is odd since its ~ 4 years old), you can ask your medical school if that's not a problem or you can get a copy from your residency program - they will have a copy of your old ERAS application on file (this is what I did)

saqrfaraj

10+ Year Member
May 16, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
Agree with the above. I emailed my medical school and the MSPE was uploaded in a snap. They do this all the time.

OP
B

Blitz2006

10+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2006
Status
Just went through fellowship apps and yes a few asked for MSPE (which is odd since its ~ 4 years old), you can ask your medical school if that's not a problem or you can get a copy from your residency program - they will have a copy of your old ERAS application on file (this is what I did)
I might have to do this. Can you expand on the second part? Did you upload the MSPE or your residency program?

Im an IMG and my med school is in UK. So they are clueless with MSPE

aProgDirector

Pastafarians Unite!
10+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
Technically, residency programs are not allowed to give you, or upload for you, your MSPE.

If you're an IMG, your MSPE might still be with ECFMG. I'd contact them first.

Reactions: IMPD and Blitz2006
OP
B

Blitz2006

10+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2006
Status
Technically, residency programs are not allowed to give you, or upload for you, your MSPE.

Thanks, so if ECFMG has my MSPE, can they upload it to ERAS?

Basically I'm trying to figure out how to upload this MSPE without med school involvement.

AdmiralChz

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2008
Mid-Atlantic
Status
Attending Physician

I didn't know this haha, and I guess my program didn't either :laugh:! I just uploaded it to them directly.

splik

Professional Cat at Large
7+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2009
Status
Attending Physician
Thanks, so if ECFMG has my MSPE, can they upload it to ERAS?

Basically I'm trying to figure out how to upload this MSPE without med school involvement.
I just emailed a copy to them. There was only one program that specifically wouldn't accept that and wanted it from my med school - I feel your pain - just make sure you ask several months in advance. They will have it from when you applied to resideny (you aren't the first, nor the last person from your med school to apply for residency in the US)

Edit: I see you're applying through ERAS (you might have to get them to send it to the ECFMG for upload then. I never applied to fellowships through ERAS

Reactions: Blitz2006
OP
B

Blitz2006

10+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2006
Status
I just emailed a copy to them. There was only one program that specifically wouldn't accept that and wanted it from my med school - I feel your pain - just make sure you ask several months in advance. They will have it from when you applied to resideny (you aren't the first, nor the last person from your med school to apply for residency in the US)

Edit: I see you're applying through ERAS (you might have to get them to send it to the ECFMG for upload then. I never applied to fellowships through ERAS
Ok thanks.

I have a copy of it on my computer, so I'm gonna see if I can just email/mail it to E
I didn't know this haha, and I guess my program didn't either :laugh:! I just uploaded it to them directly.
Nice. I presume you also uploaded Medical school transcript yourself?

LucidSplash

Bloody Plumber
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
I uploaded my MSPE to ERAS from a copy my program had. It was rejected and I ended up needing to have my medical school send it in directly. Transcripts also need to be uploaded by the medical school.

OP
B

Blitz2006

10+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2006
Status
I uploaded my MSPE to ERAS from a copy my program had. It was rejected and I ended up needing to have my medical school send it in directly. Transcripts also need to be uploaded by the medical school.
hmm, thanks.

Apparently if you are IMG you can upload the documents yourself (or so I have been told). I presume you are US MD?

I am going to call ECFMG today to hopefully get some clarification.

AdmiralChz

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2008
Mid-Atlantic
Status
Attending Physician
Thankfully SF Match is so much more relaxed about these sorts of things. ERAS is a little hyper-vigilant.

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status
Attending Physician