How does RC score affect my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brochacho3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! So I have been doing some thinking lately about my DAT scores which I got in January. These are my scores:
PAT 22
QR 19
RC 18
BIO 20
GC 23
OC 20
TS 21
AA 20

I have spoken with some people who were accepted this cycle and will be starting in the fall. A few said that schools are beginning to really look at RC scores with some importance. Has anyone else heard this? And if so would you think I have to retake being my sGPA is 3.4 and oGPA 3.5? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! So I have been doing some thinking lately about my DAT scores which I got in January. These are my scores:
PAT 22
QR 19
RC 18
BIO 20
GC 23
OC 20
TS 21
AA 20

I have spoken with some people who were accepted this cycle and will be starting in the fall. A few said that schools are beginning to really look at RC scores with some importance. Has anyone else heard this? And if so would you think I have to retake being my sGPA is 3.4 and oGPA 3.5? Thank you!
no you're fine

Members don't see this ad :)
For real though, you're fine.

I made a 17 on my perceptual ability. the admission committees told me not to retake.

Just reaffirm that you can read and write through your application, and you should be fine! :laugh: That one score definitely doesn't necessitate a retake.

RC correlates with NBDE's. It is a trend that if you do well in RC, you are likely to do well on boards. Just a fun fact. But an 18 technically is still above average and your other scores look great. Check the percentile you fell in for RC. If you are say, in the 87% with an 18, maybe that specific DAT was harder in the RC than others. If you were in the 37%, you might have just blown it for that section. Regardless, an 18 is perfectly fine!

dont retake unless u scored below a 17

I made a 20 on the reading comprehension, and it was only a 70% tile.