How does this application process work? :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rajshah

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I'm an FMG and am interested in doing radiology in the USA.
I have passed all the steps and am going to go through ERAS and NRMP.
I am a bit puzzled.
I will have to do a PGY1 year.
So do I apply for a radiology program alongside applying for a PGY-1 this time or do I apply next year (after my PGY-1) for a radiology program.
I would be extremely grateful for your advice
Many Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Rajshah said:
Hi
I am a bit puzzled.
So do I apply for a radiology program alongside applying for a PGY-1 this time or do I apply next year (after my PGY-1) for a radiology program.
Many Thanks

hello. you apply for both a PGY-1 year and an advanced (i.e. PGY2) spot in radiology.
very few programs will have rad programs in which they have an internship linked to the radiology spot (i.e., you match to one program for internship and residency) - 2 programs that I know of are Albert Einstein in Philadelphia and Christiana Care in Deleware.

Rajshah said:
Hi
I am a bit puzzled.
Many Thanks

hi..
well im an FMG as well interested in radiology.. so what are ur scores and whatelse have u done apart for steps like research or electives or anything else..
thanks tc