Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you currently doing this? The reason you don’t understand is because you’ve never actually tried to do it, go make 650k a year then report back on how easy it is, the only people making these comments seem to be residents who haven’t done it yet, is it possible? Of course but it definitely requires more than 40 hours a week and is a grind that generally is not worth it for the majority of people.I can't speak to making into the upper six figs (800-1M) but I can say it's not seeming at all difficult to land a couple of jobs +/- PP and make into the 550-700k/year range. None of these combinations require more than 40ish hours a week either. I honestly don't get it when people say psych can't make surgery, radiology, derm, etc money. Of course the derm PP will make more than the psychiatrist. But if you're just looking for facility jobs in these other fields, theres no reason psych can't be comparable at least in my limited experience thus far.
Then again, you hire a bunch of therapists, other docs, run IOPs, etc. I don't see why PP psych can't be comparable to derm PP.