How does UCSF SOD Drug Test their students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I cant seem to find a definitive answer anywhere.

I was recently admitted to the UCSF SOD and was wondering if we had to perform a drug screening through a third party company like Certphi as part of a background check before arriving? Or does the school ask for samples when we all arrive for orientation? Or do they test at all? I cant find any definitive answer online so I figured I'd ask here. I need to do some blood work soon for my immunization confirmation which is required by the school and I figured it would be easiest to get my drug test out of the way at the same time if it were necessary. I would really appreciate any information since I know every school is different in their testing policies.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You could always just get them done at the same time since drug testing for employment isn't very expensive and then turn them both in at the same time, using that opportunity to clarify as to whether there are additional drug screening requirements. I used to be in charge of the drug testing policies and procedures at my last position and if they are actually serious about maintaining a drug free environment they would implement random screening as well as asking for a sample at orientation. The drug screening policy at your school is a legitimate question and I would just ask for a copy of it.

Thanks! I'll probably end up doing that. If anyone else knows if UCSF specifically does or does not require a test at this junction let me know, I'd rather not pay for anything I don't have to. Dental School is expensive enough haha.

Thanks! I'll probably end up doing that. If anyone else knows if UCSF specifically does or does not require a test at this junction let me know, I'd rather not pay for anything I don't have to. Dental School is expensive enough haha.
did you ever find out if you're being drug tested?