How early do recruiters contact residents?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coastie

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
CA-2? CA-1 even?

Anyone see this slowing down along with the market?

Curious!

Members don't see this ad.

CA-2? CA-1 even?

Anyone see this slowing down along with the market?

Curious!

Unless you want a free trip somewhere, why would you waste your time talking to recruiters before your CA-3 year.

Most recruiter will say anything to make a buck, so you can't trust anything they are telling you. They will take advantage of you any way they can. They seldom know anything about the garbage positions they are pushing, anything you would want to know they will hide from you, such as the problems with the group and the reasons for excessive physician turn over.

One recruiter I talked to as a CA-3 wanted me to sign a contract promising the let him find me a job or pay him $25000 if I found a job without his help. Most recruiter usually are pushing garbage low pay jobs in very undesirable locations or the Anesthesia Management Company jobs where you will work like and get paid like an intern for an imaginary bonus at the end of the year. Recruiter seem to only know about places with 100% percent physician turn over per year.

So unless you want an all expenses paid trip to some where the recruiter don't have much of value to offer.