How fast did your DAT scores send?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yakuza

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so can someone clear up how ADA sends DAT scores.
1. I take DAT
2. it takes 2-3 weeks for them to process it after the test?
3. after the 2-3 weeks of processing, then they are available for download for designated schools?
4. Do they actually SEND anything..?

After taking the DAT, how fast did ADA send scores to your designated schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think it takes 6 weeks for schools to receive your score after the test.

I was talking to the lady at Case yesterday and that's what she said, which kinda sucks.

I took the DAT last year and 1 school received my scores just a few days after I took the test. I think the other schools received it/downloaded it online the next week. I think they throw out the figure of a few weeks just to allow for unexpected delays but in reality the schools receive it very quickly. Most schools will actually accept a faxed copy of your scores directly from you to serve as they wait the officials.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it takes 6 weeks for schools to receive your score after the test.

I was talking to the lady at Case yesterday and that's what she said, which kinda sucks.

Nahh I don't think its 6 weeks. I called and emailed, the ADA site says 2-4 but they said 2-3 weeks. If it takes 6 weeks I'll go drive into a wall lol..my DAT is in Sept while Texas schools close their apps on Oct 1st.

HOPEFULLY it takes 2 weeks at the most..

~2 weeks for me... took it on 7/12, called ADA, said they mailed them 7/23

The schools do not see the percentiles on the DAT scores sent to them. If you happen to get an 17 or 18 and the percentile is not as high as others with the same score just hold off on faxing unless your a time constraint. Just an idea and really only applies on the margin. ie. some 48 percentiles & 50 percentiles floating around. I received a 16 on RC which was like 17 percentile. Horrible. However a 16 alone by itself doesn't sound as bad. Once you put that 17 percentile next to it you start to cry a little.

The schools do not see the percentiles on the DAT scores sent to them....

That's right they don't see the percentiles. But I have a feeling that adcoms know which scores correspond to which percentiles or percentile ranges... so faxing your scores with the percentiles probably won't hurt you like you think.