How feasible are online interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jbonilla51

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone ever done an online interview?

I'm from Puerto Rico, and I've been trying to make a list of the programs I'm most interested in. Problem is, they add up to a total of 11 states!!! It's my second try at the admissions cycle, so my original number of schools I was planning to apply was 10-15 programs.

I know that already I'm going to have to reduce the target schools by state, but I just wanted to know if this was doable, as the cost of going back and forth from PR to US and back will set me back quite a bit!!!

Any help and tips are most welcomed! I feel really good about my chances this year, but this factor freaks me out the most.
 
My number one choice was the University of Kentucky; I didn't really have the money to fly out from Arizona, so I explained my situation and they had no problem doing an interview online. They even had a student carry a laptop around the campus to show me everything!

I got in and will be starting next month!
 
@mccoolsa - Awesome that UK rolled out the red carpet for you. And congratulations on your acceptance.

@jbonilla51 - I requested a phone interview with a university, but was told that an in-person interview would be required at some point prior to admission. Some schools use group exercises as part of the interview process. I recommend contacting each program before you spend money on applications to confirm that a phone interview is a possibility. Perhaps a Skype interview will work.

_______________________
Licensed Physical Therapist
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad