How go get good eval?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

confuse

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a MSII. My school has a mentorship program in which we get to shadow a physician throughout the year. Most of my classmates got paired up with primary care physician while I got paired up with a very experienced ICU physician. As a lowly M2, I know very little and feel really inadequate walking around the ICU but my mentor loves to pimp me anyway. My recent eval shows average score all across the board with 1 below average mark. Even though it doesn't really affect my grades or anything but I'm worried that I may get poor eval on rotations next year too. So besides building up my knowledge base, what are some the things I could do to get a better eval? I feel very incompetent right now. :( Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I'm a MSII. My school has a mentorship program in which we get to shadow a physician throughout the year. Most of my classmates got paired up with primary care physician while I got paired up with a very experienced ICU physician. As a lowly M2, I know very little and feel really inadequate walking around the ICU but my mentor loves to pimp me anyway. My recent eval shows average score all across the board with 1 below average mark. Even though it doesn't really affect my grades or anything but I'm worried that I may get poor eval on rotations next year too. So besides building up my knowledge base, what are some the things I could do to get a better eval? I feel very incompetent right now. :( Thanks guys.

Do you mean how TO get a good eval?

Yes, typo. I can't seem to edit the title of thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think the best thing you can do is go directly to the source - ask him/her what you need to improve. we can't see what you're doing (or not doing), unless you post a video up of one of your rounds. lol

i think the best thing you can do is go directly to the source - ask him/her what you need to improve. we can't see what you're doing (or not doing), unless you post a video up of one of your rounds. lol
I agree with that.

My school also has a mandatory preceptorship program. While I haven't received any formal evaluation on paper, I've noticed that my preceptor seems to be a lot happier with me when I'm asking her questions about her patients. I guess my advice to you is to appear interested and enthusiastic and one good way of doing that is asking questions.