• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

confuse

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2002
Status (Visible)
Hello,
I'm a MSII. My school has a mentorship program in which we get to shadow a physician throughout the year. Most of my classmates got paired up with primary care physician while I got paired up with a very experienced ICU physician. As a lowly M2, I know very little and feel really inadequate walking around the ICU but my mentor loves to pimp me anyway. My recent eval shows average score all across the board with 1 below average mark. Even though it doesn't really affect my grades or anything but I'm worried that I may get poor eval on rotations next year too. So besides building up my knowledge base, what are some the things I could do to get a better eval? I feel very incompetent right now. :( Thanks guys.

silas2642

silas2642
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hello,
I'm a MSII. My school has a mentorship program in which we get to shadow a physician throughout the year. Most of my classmates got paired up with primary care physician while I got paired up with a very experienced ICU physician. As a lowly M2, I know very little and feel really inadequate walking around the ICU but my mentor loves to pimp me anyway. My recent eval shows average score all across the board with 1 below average mark. Even though it doesn't really affect my grades or anything but I'm worried that I may get poor eval on rotations next year too. So besides building up my knowledge base, what are some the things I could do to get a better eval? I feel very incompetent right now. :( Thanks guys.

Do you mean how TO get a good eval?

confuse

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2002
Status (Visible)
Yes, typo. I can't seem to edit the title of thread.

About the Ads

sendwich

you rock!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 3, 2002
Status (Visible)
i think the best thing you can do is go directly to the source - ask him/her what you need to improve. we can't see what you're doing (or not doing), unless you post a video up of one of your rounds. lol

BlackBantie

The Black Bantam
10+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
i think the best thing you can do is go directly to the source - ask him/her what you need to improve. we can't see what you're doing (or not doing), unless you post a video up of one of your rounds. lol
I agree with that.

My school also has a mandatory preceptorship program. While I haven't received any formal evaluation on paper, I've noticed that my preceptor seems to be a lot happier with me when I'm asking her questions about her patients. I guess my advice to you is to appear interested and enthusiastic and one good way of doing that is asking questions.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.