You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
How hard is it to get into Columbia?
Started by UCLAbruinz
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Can people who are accepted to Columbia post their stats please? Or if anyone has any comment about my question, if you can answer, i'd greatly appreciate it!
I have heard that, because the dental and med students take the same classes the first 2 years, a student from either program can transfer into the other program with the administration's permission, which is a huge incentive, since you don't really begin to know what you want to do until a few years of study. But to answer your question, you can go to predents.com to view other students' stats.
I have heard that, because the dental and med students take the same classes the first 2 years, a student from either program can transfer into the other program with the administration's permission, which is a huge incentive, since you don't really begin to know what you want to do until a few years of study. But to answer your question, you can go to predents.com to view other students' stats.
Um, no.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is columbia very much DAT oriented in terms of their requirements?
is it pretty much guaranteed an interview if you have 25/25/25?
is it pretty much guaranteed an interview if you have 25/25/25?
is columbia very much DAT oriented in terms of their requirements?
is it pretty much guaranteed an interview if you have 25/25/25?
You need at least a 31/35/32. give up.
Um, no.
Are you saying that in the history of Columbia, no one has EVER done this???
Columbia is indeed a very DAT oriented school.. i think at my interview in one of the brochures, it mentions that .. our students are the top 8% of the DAT scorers in the nation... and from last year's data, the current D1s of Columbia has the highest average DAT score in all of the dental schools
With that said, you don't necessarily need crazy stats to get in.. i think i'm more on the lower end..
DAT: AA21/TS21/PAT22
GPA: 3.65
Major: Psych
🙂
With that said, you don't necessarily need crazy stats to get in.. i think i'm more on the lower end..
DAT: AA21/TS21/PAT22
GPA: 3.65
Major: Psych
🙂
ha in terms of DAT maybe. but ur gpa is right on. the ADEA guide says average gpa is 3.5Columbia is indeed a very DAT oriented school.. i think at my interview in one of the brochures, it mentions that .. our students are the top 8% of the DAT scorers in the nation... and from last year's data, the current D1s of Columbia has the highest average DAT score in all of the dental schools
With that said, you don't necessarily need crazy stats to get in.. i think i'm more on the lower end..
DAT: AA21/TS21/PAT22
GPA: 3.65
Major: Psych
🙂
do you have any recommendation for me? i'm applying this cycle! i cant bring my gpa any higher cuz im out of school, wont be retaking dat but just wondering if there's any extra factors i can throw in there. thanks!
ooh, also i notice you are a psych major. was there any psych classes that count toward your sci gpa (i ask because i ahve several neuroscience psych classes)
M
Mte123
You think I have a chance at Columbia:
I am a psychology major with a minor in chemistry. I took AP bio. Other than chem and orgo, my only science course is a research project in computational chemistry that I am getting credit for. I am also doing research in psychology.
My Science GPA is 3.93 and my non-science GPA is 3.99.
I was an EMT in a foreing country. I worked with mentally disabled individuals and received certification to dispense medications. I tutor and spent many hours volunteering at a soup kitchen. I spent 3 years abroad.
I spent a total of 44 hours shadowing a general dentist, an endodontist, an oral surgeon, an orthodontist, and a periodontist.
Okay I took the dat twice. The first time I didn't do so well I got:
I am a psychology major with a minor in chemistry. I took AP bio. Other than chem and orgo, my only science course is a research project in computational chemistry that I am getting credit for. I am also doing research in psychology.
My Science GPA is 3.93 and my non-science GPA is 3.99.
I was an EMT in a foreing country. I worked with mentally disabled individuals and received certification to dispense medications. I tutor and spent many hours volunteering at a soup kitchen. I spent 3 years abroad.
I spent a total of 44 hours shadowing a general dentist, an endodontist, an oral surgeon, an orthodontist, and a periodontist.
Okay I took the dat twice. The first time I didn't do so well I got:
- AA 17
- TS 17
- Organic 17
- Gen Chem 17
- Bio 17
- RC 19
- QR 16
- PAT 21
- AA 22
- TS 22
- Orgo 23
- Gen Chem 22
- Bio 20
- RC 28 (is that possible??)
- QR 15
- PAT 19
its hard to say
You def have a shot, but there is more too it than numbers and stats.
I think ALOT of people don't put enough importance on the interview.
I got a 21/23/19 and i have a 3.65GPA and 3.67sGPA and I got into Columbia. My stats are obviously good enough but not stellar and I don't have anything on my app that completely sets me apart. I am 90% sure my interview is what got me into Columbia. People try to make sense out of what the schools are thinking and act like they know whats going to happen based off of someones numbers. All you can really do is go for it and see what happens.
You def have a shot, but there is more too it than numbers and stats.
I think ALOT of people don't put enough importance on the interview.
I got a 21/23/19 and i have a 3.65GPA and 3.67sGPA and I got into Columbia. My stats are obviously good enough but not stellar and I don't have anything on my app that completely sets me apart. I am 90% sure my interview is what got me into Columbia. People try to make sense out of what the schools are thinking and act like they know whats going to happen based off of someones numbers. All you can really do is go for it and see what happens.
its hard to say
You def have a shot, but there is more too it than numbers and stats.
I think ALOT of people don't put enough importance on the interview.
I got a 21/23/19 and i have a 3.65GPA and 3.67sGPA and I got into Columbia. My stats are obviously good enough but not stellar and I don't have anything on my app that completely sets me apart. I am 90% sure my interview is what got me into Columbia. People try to make sense out of what the schools are thinking and act like they know whats going to happen based off of someones numbers. All you can really do is go for it and see what happens.
Could you please share why or how you think your interview was ultimately the deciding factor in gaining your acceptance?
AA: 24 TS:26 PAT:21
Biochem major , U of cal
Graduated with gpa 3.97
sorry to have resurrected such an old thread haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What was your undergraduate institution?its hard to say
You def have a shot, but there is more too it than numbers and stats.
I think ALOT of people don't put enough importance on the interview.
I got a 21/23/19 and i have a 3.65GPA and 3.67sGPA and I got into Columbia. My stats are obviously good enough but not stellar and I don't have anything on my app that completely sets me apart. I am 90% sure my interview is what got me into Columbia. People try to make sense out of what the schools are thinking and act like they know whats going to happen based off of someones numbers. All you can really do is go for it and see what happens.
What was your undergraduate institution?
@molarbear123 , we have an imposter!
Nooooooo but yaaaasssss we can make a molar bear team now!!!! Hahahah 😀 😀@molarbear123 , we have an imposter!
Congrats!! What was your DAT score if you dont mind me asking?Columbia definitely stresses numbers. I have extremely good DAT and gpa but bombed the interview (stuttered and had some very very very awkward and weird answers to questions). So I definitely attribute my acceptance to stats.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 606