Charles_Darwin

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Much easier. Little bit of luck required for your article to be interesting, but other than that all 3 of my articles were simple and questions were straightforward. I had a handful of reading questions that required me to do math though

Reactions: LuckBloodandSweat

WheatLom

2+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Much easier. Little bit of luck required for your article to be interesting, but other than that all 3 of my articles were simple and questions were straightforward. I had a handful of reading questions that required me to do math though
I had to do math as well.

Charles_Darwin

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
What kind of math, if you don't mind me masking?
It was math that was made just to check if you really did read the article. So the article might say "the birds flew in flocks of 100 every week" and the question would ask you how many birds would fly in 10 weeks

WheatLom

2+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
What kind of math, if you don't mind me masking?
To see if you read closely. Like ain'tnodbdoy said.

Also, maybe give inverse information, or convert to a percent. Or give numerical approximation

Jul 23, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
It was math that was made just to check if you really did read the article. So the article might say "the birds flew in flocks of 100 every week" and the question would ask you how many birds would fly in 10 weeks
ya I had similar questions. " something need to be checked every 2 months" and in the question they were asking annually

Reactions: WheatLom

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
Hi all,

I wanted to know how everyone felt about their RC of DAT? I've been practicing using Bootcamp and I'm getting like 19~21.. and can't seem to get any higher from there.
Idk if it's the fact that English is my second language (since I was 15) or if Bootcamp material is harder than actual DAT... I took another practice on BC yesterday and there was this article I just couldn't focus/understand well and I was in a full panic-mode. I so worried that I might panic when I actually take it next month.
The reading on the DAT is not hard if you go in prepared. There are many styles of reading passages that can be presented and S & D does not always work. Some passages can be inference based type questions. The best suggestion I can give if you have time time is just to read every day. The focus should be on increasing speed and comprehension. If you can read and comprehend at a decent pace it will not matter what is presented. IMO doing a few reading passages is just not enough to accomplish this unless you are already a strong reader to begin with.

Just my 2 cents!

Nancy

asdf99

2+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2014
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
As orgoman would say, there are many different versions of the exam, so take what I saw with a great of salt!

however, personally, my DAT RC was nothing like the bootcamp. My first and last passages were super interesting, and 100% search and destroy lol. My second passage was kind of stupid not going to lie, but I just guessed on those questions to secure marks on the easier passages.

Pretty sure my articles were shorter than bootcamp, and questions went in order.

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
As orgoman would say, there are many different versions of the exam, so take what I saw with a great of salt!

however, personally, my DAT RC was nothing like the bootcamp. My first and last passages were super interesting, and 100% search and destroy lol. My second passage was kind of stupid not going to lie, but I just guessed on those questions to secure marks on the easier passages.

Pretty sure my articles were shorter than bootcamp, and questions went in order.
Yeah they're definitely shorter than BC. You're lucky with the 100% S+D :mad:!! Lol who am I kidding 80%+ S+D is still pretty nice which is what I got. Everyone gets different RCs. Mine was fairly interesting as well lol.

Reactions: orgoman22

gangazi

2+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2016
Status
Dental Student
Hey, I moved to the U.S. when I was 14 and had so much stress leading up to the exam due to my low RC scores.

I used search and destroy on the real DAT, and practiced with CDR and BC.
My BC scores were 22,22,22 for the 3 FL I took, and CDR scores ranged from 14-22.

I ended up with a 22 on the real exam. I suggest you pick a strategy, and stick with it even if you think the time is going to run out. Do this for different strategies and pick the best one for you.

I personally read the first and last paragraphs of the passages, and then wrote down keywords for 17 -18 questions. While I am doing it, I would answer the ones pertaining to the first and last paragraphs. This saved me some time and gave me a little idea on what the passage was going to be about...

I hope you find your strategy, stay confident, and destroy the DAT!