TorusTubarius

2+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I'm getting ready to send out my application next week, thought I'd run a quick question by you guys.

Overall I feel my application is pretty good but I didn't do very well in my clerkships, only 1 honors in peds. I was planning on just applying to 25-30 of the most competitive academic programs but now am getting second thoughts. Should I apply more broadly or to safety programs? Any thoughts?

My stats are:

Top 35 Medical School
Clerkships: Honors in peds, high pass in all other rotations (including neuro, IM)
Preclinical grades: All 1st time pass, our school is pass/fail
Class rank: near the middle
Step 1: 236
Step 2 CS: waiting for result
Step 2 CK: will be taking mid September
Research:
College: 3 publications (3rd/4th author) and 2 poster presentations (presented by someone else) that are neurology related
Medical school: 2 oral presentations and 1 poster presentation (not neurology related)
No extracurriculars

Thanks a lot!

TorusTubarius

2+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Awesome thanks for the insight. Though for our school about honors is top 20%, pass is like bottom 10%, and high pass is all the rest.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.