How important is chem and physics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeffrey24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, so I'm a junior undergrad and I love the human body, cell bio, genetics, ect. But, I hate chem and physics with a passion. I am getting ready to start thinking about applications and what exactly I want to do with my life, and my goal is to study medicine. But, I'm just worried about how much chem and physics there is to learn at medical school? Is that even covered, or do they just want you to have the prerequisites for them in undergrad? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

You're never going to use chemistry in medical school.

Especially not when doing disease processes that use biochemistry and definitely not when you do pharmacology.

Basically, med schools are stupid and they have a list of pre-reqs just to mess with people. Those classes aren't really useful.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, you'll never use chemistry in biochemistry...

Members don't see this ad :)
BTW, If your avatar is a picture of yourself, and if your username is your real name, I would suggest changing both

Reactions: 1 users
We did a little bit of thermodynamics in biochem. Knowing vector addition helps with stuff like reading those ECG circle things. Overall, there's very little carryover from those classes into med school. Just do well in them so you can get in in the first place.

Reactions: 1 user