how important is clerkship director's impression on you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coralfangs

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
in terms of grades
So far, she's like I am doing fine based on assessment from residents and attendings...
Well, I had a bad day and during didactics led by the clerkship director at the end of the day, I answered a couple questions wrong ...... It was just embarrassing...
:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

how important is clerkship director's impression on you?

VERY.

One of the things I've seen medical students not pick up on so easily.

Not as bad if you get pimp questions wrong. But it is far worse to be late, appear lazy, look uninterested in front of the clerkship director - I've heard instances where that alone can knock a student down a level in the grade. Getting a few questions wrong... no biggie. Odds are you'd get tomorrow's questions right.

in terms of grades
So far, she's like I am doing fine based on assessment from residents and attendings...
Well, I had a bad day and during didactics led by the clerkship director at the end of the day, I answered a couple questions wrong ...... It was just embarrassing...
:scared:
You are not supposed to know everything. Otherwise there would be nothing for us to teach you. I ask questions to help people think and to figure out what they already know so that I will know what to teach them. I do not want to go too far above students' heads, nor do I want to repeat material they already know. Basically show up on time, be enthusiastic, try hard, do any assigned reading and definitely bring questions about things you do not understand. Ask questions about patients. Show respect to everyone.