• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

How Important Is The Name of The School?

IMG

15+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2000
    Hello to all:

I am presently a student at UAG. My supplemental source of financial support has been cut and because of this I need to transfer to another school that has lower tuition and living cost. I have found two such schools, Universidad Iberoamericana in the Dominican Republic and the Universidad XOCHICALCO in Tijuana, Mexico. My question is this: How important is the name of the foreign school you graduate from in the long run? I have a friend who is a 3rd year resident in plastic surgery and is a foreign grad who has told me when you are a foreign grad you are put into one category: Foreign Graduate, and the name of the school doesn't matter as much as scores, who you know, ect. Any opinions or experiences?

Thanks,
    IMG

Carbon Klein

10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Apr 23, 2000
      I don't really think the name of the foreign school really matters unless you want a residency at a hospital that has a lot of doctors from St George's, in which case, being from SGU will help. Otherwise, it doesn't matter.

------------------

K

kimberlicox

Hi IMG...

This is off the topic but you didn't include your email in your profile.

You've mentioned a friend who is an IMG and a 3rd year resident in Plastics. Since I am also extremely interested in this field, was wondering if your friend would consider giving me some advice.

Would you be so kind as to ask him whether I may write to him with some *short* questions/advice and then email me with his address?

Its a lot to ask I realize, but you don't get if you don't ask, right?
        smile.gif

TIA...

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.