How is EM in Massachusetts and is it what we can expect from Obamacare?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinipig523

I like my job!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How is EM in Mass and is it what we should expect with Obamacare?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maaan.

There are parallels to be drawn between the two. The question isn't unreasonable as it is written.

Though, the jokes are good here too. Everybody remember; we're in this together, here.

Maaan.

There are parallels to be drawn between the two. The question isn't unreasonable as it is written.

Though, the jokes are good here too. Everybody remember; we're in this together, here.

The difference is that one is Constitutional (Romneycare) the other is not (Obamacare).

Otherwise they both suck about equally.

I'll bite: what do you mean by this?

I'll agree with GV on this particular point. The constitutional issue is States' rights. Since Romneycare was adopted at the state level, it was not an infringement on States' rights, but since Obamacare came from the Feds, it was.

LOL..

Alright - I meant pay and ease of getting consultants to see your patients.

The supreme court has upheld many unconstitutional things in its day. Slavery, broad interpretations of the commerce clause, emminent domain, etc.

Oh man, I had always though the Supreme Court had an infallible record! :rolleyes: I was simply pointing out that 9 men and women who have made a prestigious career out of interpreting constitutional law disagree with you.

LOL..

Alright - I meant pay and ease of getting consultants to see your patients.

I've only worked at one place and the pay is middle of the road. Consultants will see my patients, but I don't have access to all types of consultants.

You ask too broad and vague a question.

How is EM in Mass and is it what we should expect with Obamacare?

You're asking what we should expect from a health care law that is the brainchild of a community organizer who believes doctors amputate the legs of diabetics because it pays better than controlling A1C?

You're asking what we should expect from a health care law that is the brainchild of a community organizer who believes doctors amputate the legs of diabetics because it pays better than controlling A1C?

No no, you have it wrong. It's pediatricians who removes kids tonsils unnecessarily and with no anesthetic just to make more money!

(actual quote from his highness!)

It's pretty darn clear that a significant percentage of tonsillectomies are not beneficial. Also, it's clear to me that people are motivated to do the things that pay better. Doctors are not immune to this. Otherwise, why would you ever review 10 systems?

It's pretty darn clear that a significant percentage of tonsillectomies are not beneficial. Also, it's clear to me that people are motivated to do the things that pay better. Doctors are not immune to this. Otherwise, why would you ever review 10 systems?

Tonsillectomies are low now that we recognize the pathology of strep throat.

We document 10 ROS because the government (who shouldn't be involved in healthcare) has created an arbitrary hoop for us to jump through so that it's easier to deny payment. Should you be paid more for treating a STEMI because you documented an ENT exam? Of course not.