How is the PHARM.D Program at Midwestern - Chicago College of Pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

neetfreek259

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I would like to ask you, the Pharm.D candidates at MWU-CCP, about the Pharm.D program there. How do you feel about the Pharm.D there? Is is too hard, too easy, or should I say it is do-able? Also, how are the laboratories? Are they well-equipped? How long do you usually spend in lab? How is lecture taking place? How is your schedule like? Sorry, I know that it is a lot of questions but I just want to know more about the Pharm.D program there. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS
 
School here is hard. This quarter we have had two exams per week since week 3 of the quarter. And the fact that it is on the quarter system sucks. On the bright side I am learning a lot here and the science profs are good for the most part. Life here is busy if you have a life outside of studying. If you workout and go out a lot, you must be good at keeping a schedule. Class here is optional, I attend 50% lectures. Lab is the least of your worries. Actually, I need to get off SDN and get back to studying for physio so feel free to pm me if you have more questions.

CHeers
 
I am a graduate of CCP. I loved it there!

I didn't think it was too hard and I had time to be involved in activities and work. While class, except for labs/workshop, was not mandatory...I still usually went. I did very well there. The professors there are awesome! Overall it was a great experience and I do not regret going there at all.