How is to practice .....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bkpa2med

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
in Phoenix, Arizona? Do pods make out fairly decent in that area? Personally Phoenix seems beautiful, hence my concern.

Thanks alot ... :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

bkpa2med said:
in Phoenix, Arizona? Do pods make out fairly decent in that area? Personally Phoenix seems beautiful, hence my concern.

huh? you applied to all DO schools and asking about how well podiatry fairs in a certain area? Interesting... BTW it will be hard for anyone to give you an accurate answer to that question. Depends on your job, example (work with group of doctors), VA, hospital, Sole practice, etc... it can vary big time...

bkpa2med said:

Phoenix has a fair number of podiatrists. Some do very well and others do enough to get by. I haven't heard of any downright failing but it is a hotspot (pun intended) for the elderly who, as a group, need a lot of podiatric care. Consequently, podiatrists have come here and there is not a shortage of them.

Arizona's scope of practice allows for nearly all forefoot and rearfoot procedures. It also allows for most ankle procedures. One significant shortcoming is that podiatrists are not allowed to debride to the bone nor perform any amputations (even digital amputations). Legislation is in the works to change these limitations but we'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

AZPOD Rocks