How is your school changing step 1 requirements due to COVID-19?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorChurpio

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious how other schools are responding to COVID-19. My school has done essentially nothing so far, but we don't take Step for another month or 2. Just curious if other May/June test takers have had changes made at their medical school to make everything less stressful for now.

Members don't see this ad.

We're having online assessments, mandatory TrueLearn questions per day and/or Uworld questions, NBME diagnostics every couple of weeks, and on top of it, we're getting H&P exams and practicals, OPP exams and practicals at home by computer. So yeah....dedicated ain't so dedicated. Oh and icing on the cake: we have to do some IPE stuff that's eating up our study time as well.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
My school just decided to let students take it anytime between now and start of 4th year. But our curriculum isn't designed for step after clerkships so I dont think I'll be taking the extra year if I can help it.

Our school has a deadline for us to take it June 6 so if we fail we find out before rotations start July 6. Thing is, they're waiving that but ONLY if you were scheduled before June 6 and prometric happened to have cancelled your date, effectively entering anyone who registered for May into a lottery to get more time.