How late am I?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

The3nthusiast

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted on the first of November. It's evident that I am late, but how late is late? Any feedback will be great. Thank you guys.
 
It depends on the deadlines of the schools you applied to! I would say apply at least a month b4 the deadline to give the faculty enough time to review your application! Good luck! I just applied about 10 days ago!
 
It depends on the deadlines of the schools you applied to! I would say apply at least a month b4 the deadline to give the faculty enough time to review your application! Good luck! I just applied about 10 days ago!
Appreciate the reply. I was just wondering how late it was in the cycle. I'm taking my PCAT this thursday!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It all depends on the schools you want to apply to. I finished my PharmCAS application at the end of the month it opened (forget if it was June or July), and just added a couple more schools about 3 weeks ago. My friend who applied to multiple programs last year waited until literally the day before the deadline, and still got an interview and was accepted. Granted, I think she was very lucky and I wouldn't rely on a situation like this, but I think you'll be okay 🙂 Just make sure you get everything that you have left in ASAP. Transcripts, reference letters, and PCAT scores all take a little bit of time to actually be added to your application on PharmCAS. Good luck!
 
Thank you all for the input. I took my PCAT finally and was able to pull out an 85 composite which I am very thankful for. The only problem is I got a 22 in verbal, the only section I really didn't put any time towards. I'm not sure how this will effect me. Nonetheless, I have a bachelors in biology and currently finishing up my Masters in biomedical engineering. My undergrad GPA is 3.2 overall and science. Masters is a 3.7 roughly. So this is where I stand.
 
Thank you all for the input. I took my PCAT finally and was able to pull out an 85 composite which I am very thankful for. The only problem is I got a 22 in verbal, the only section I really didn't put any time towards. I'm not sure how this will effect me. Nonetheless, I have a bachelors in biology and currently finishing up my Masters in biomedical engineering. My undergrad GPA is 3.2 overall and science. Masters is a 3.7 roughly. So this is where I stand.
Verbal doesn't matter. You got good stats. I got a 25 in verbal and have much worse stats than you and I turned out fine. Don't worry. You're not late