Krisss17

10+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2007
In btwn here and there!
Status
Other Health Professions Student
I haven't done any of the applications. Haven' finished writing PS.
I schedule to take MCAT in the middle of August, that means the score is gonna be out in middle of september.
Am I too late to apply for this cycle? should I fill out the app now without a MCAT score?

thanks.
Well, you won't be late, late. The important consideration are what your numbers are...how have you been doing on the practice MCATs? By now you should be doing some practice tests if you are taking it in August. If you don't apply first thing, you need to make sure that your application is strong. Now it is not impossible, as I've seen others who were successful applying later...but earlier is definitely better. Get that PS done, put in your application so that the only thing that is waiting is your MCAT score. You don't need to have your MCAT score in to be verified, but you do have to have your transcripts sent in....do that as soon as possible.

Best of luck to you :luck::luck::luck::luck:

OP
A

agirl

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
deleted.

Last edited:

BerlinDude

7+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2009
Status
I haven't done any of the applications. Haven' finished writing PS.
I schedule to take MCAT in the middle of August, that means the score is gonna be out in middle of september.
Am I too late to apply for this cycle? should I fill out the app now without a MCAT score?

thanks.
Remember it can take a month for AMCAS to verify your application AFTER you submit it and transcripts are received. It can take two months for your pre-med office to write a committee letter AFTER all letters of recommendation are received.

Having your MCAT score in September is fine, but I'd recommend you have everything else in place by then. Don't use the MCAT as an excuse to delay submitting your application (unless you really don't want to apply this year).

Mattabet

Doctor Thunder
10+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2008
Somewhere in SE Wisconsin
Status
Medical Student
If your application really shines, then it's probably not too late. But if you're a middle of the pack applicant, you're putting yourself behind a lot of other middle of the packers. In a system of rolling admissions, that's going to put you at a disadvantage, as you'll be competing with more applicants for fewer spots.

Take an honest assessment of your application. It might be better to take a year and apply early with another year of application-boosters under your belt.