How long after taking DAT for schools to get score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jrock444

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know? A few sites have said it takes 3 weeks, just wondering if that is a worst-case scenario or the average.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think it gets there a bit earlier than that, but just plain for it to take three weeks. Also many schools will take a fax copy of your exit scores if you really want them to receive it fast.

You find out your scores IMMEDIATELY after you have finished.

Official copies of your scores will be mailed 3-4 weeks later.

Jessica

Members don't see this ad :)
I sat for the DAT in July '03 and the schools had my scores within 2 wks.

jrock444 said:
Anyone know? A few sites have said it takes 3 weeks, just wondering if that is a worst-case scenario or the average.

Thanks!
I received certified personal scores sheet couple of minutes after I finished the test. This can be helpful for adcoms to review your application faster if the DAT scores were the only part missing, by submitting through FAX. However, you should always check with the school before you do any faxing.

The official scores will arrive at the schools' of your choice in 2-3 weeks, but this can be critical if you applied very late in the cycle.

Most adcoms can access your DAT scores 2-3 days after you take the exam simply by using their A-Client. I think that quite a few adcoms have no idea how to use the A-Client, though, or simply don't use it at all, so that may not be an option.

Regardless, they should have the scores within 2 weeks or so, depending on the time of the year you take the exam (how busy they are sending out DAT scores/how busy schools are filing your information).

If anybody is interested in finding out what the AADSAS Client does, or how the A-Client functions in the admissions process, you can view the source website at:

http://tasc.sdm.buffalo.edu/aclient/index.htm

I haven't been there in a while, but they used to have some sweet screen shots showing what the adcoms were able to view (including pulling the DAT scores electronically from the ADA 2-3 days after you take the exam).