How long ago can pre-reqs be taken?

Started by dvmcatdog
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dvmcatdog

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I tried looking on the schools websites and I'm not seeing anything. Some of mine are coming up on 5 years and I won't apply for another year or two. Should this be okay? Should I retake? I didn't do too hot in them anyway but I at least passed.
 
The answer to this question is very highly dependent on the school; without knowing where you intend to apply, no one here will be able to tell you for certain, unfortunately. I don't know that there's one good central resource for this information (I don't believe it's listed in the VMSAR database or any other AAVMC-created material).

Best course of action—if you can't find the answers that you need on the schools' websites—is to contact the individual admissions departments directly and tell them about your specific situation then ask what steps, if any, you should take regarding your older prerequisite classes. Ultimately, it's those staffing the schools themselves who are going to have the most accurate and up-to-date information.

Edited for phrasing.
 
Last edited by a moderator: