how long are the breaks between test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fastfingers

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how long are the mcat breaks between test?

I noticed that after my 10 minute break, I press next and it goes to the "physical science section" instruction page. But the page has no timer. Does anybody know how much time it can spend on that page? I sat on that page for like 1 minute during the real exam and that didn't seem to affect my 70 minute limit at all. my question: is it possible to be on the instruction page for like 30 minutes and not affect your timing?

Members don't see this ad.

I mean that if you take a longer break, you leave the test later. I don't think there's a problem with waiting a bit longer than the 10 min break you're allotted, but it might raise some eyebrows if you finish an hour later than everyone else.

Members don't see this ad :)
If it says nothing in the rules about it, well there ya go. It would be an interesting thing if you challenged this and then they had to change it for everyone.

the problem is that not everybody start at the same time. i find it extremely extremely annoying when i'm doing the biology section while people are typing during the writing section. i wish i could just wait this out so i don't get distracted.

first post here - I have the same question! I sat in front of the instruction page for a good couple of minutes, and my time was not affected at all. I wonder why they even bother timing your breaks if you can leave the instruction page up for as long as you wish?