How long are you going to work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DPTinthemaking15

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know if it is due to being married to an older woman, or hitting the ripe age of 25, but I have realized I am not getting any younger lol. How long do you guys intend on practicing medicine?
 
'til I'm dead... which will likely be before my student loans are paid.

In all seriousness, I'm relatively old now, so assuming things go as planned, I'll probably work until someone or something forces me to stop. I'm not really about retirement anyway, and lifestyle is not a significant consideration for me.
 
I don't know if it is due to being married to an older woman, or hitting the ripe age of 25, but I have realized I am not getting any younger lol. How long do you guys intend on practicing medicine?
As long as I'm able. It's a passion. If i can't work I'll teach.