How long did it take for PTCAS to receive your transcripts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yewndpt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The school sent my transcript on 8/27 and I'm still waiting on PTCAS to receive it. I am afraid it may have been lost. Should I request my transcript to be sent out again to be safe or should I wait? I don't want to miss the Oct. 1st deadline.

Update
I got my notification that my transcript was received a few hours after I posted this. Therefore, it took around 1.5 weeks for them to receive my transcripts. Hope that helps other people!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I have a question about this...the PTCAS want the transcript request form attached to it...So did you send that separately from your transcripts or together?? I had originally ordered the transcripts to my address and then with the transcript request form put it into a larger envelope and sent it to the PTCAS. But I still haven't been notified that they received it.

Just wondering what the best way to do it is. Cause I also do not want to miss the deadline.

The school sent my transcript on 8/27 and I'm still waiting on PTCAS to receive it. I am afraid it may have been lost. Should I request my transcript to be sent out again to be safe or should I wait? I don't want to miss the Oct. 1st deadline.
I'm in the same boat! UC Berkeley sent my transcript on 8/26 and PTCAS still has not received it. The girl I spoke to from PTCAS said she checked to see if it was in the pile of transcripts but I don't think she really took the time to do all that. Did they receive yours yet? I have an October 1st deadline so I requested another one to be sent.

I think all of mine arrived within a couple of weeks and I only included the form with about half of my requests. Of course I requested mine pretty much as soon as the application opened up on July 1st. I have a feeling things are taking a little longer now that deadlines are coming up and they are getting bombarded with application materials.

If you have a doubt that your transcript was lost in the mail, it probably was. PTCAS will keep telling you to wait and be patient until it's too late and your deadline is in less than two weeks. BTW - they apparently have a separate mailing address for you to send your transcript via next day UPS. Too bad they don't even tell you that option.

I guess I have a question about this...the PTCAS want the transcript request form attached to it...So did you send that separately from your transcripts or together?? I had originally ordered the transcripts to my address and then with the transcript request form put it into a larger envelope and sent it to the PTCAS. But I still haven't been notified that they received it.

Just wondering what the best way to do it is. Cause I also do not want to miss the deadline.

I believe you were supposed to sent the transcript and request form together. I would call PTCAS about it.