How long did it take u to study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how many months people who got a 35+ on their mcats put into studying. How many classes did u take? Is it possible to score a 35+ with just studying a summer and then taking the exam. Most of my friends took mcat classes twice, but they aren't the most studious people.

Members don't see this ad.

My friend studied for about two months before last year's august mcat for maybe 2-3 hours a day. He managed well above 35.

Pinkertinkle said:
My friend studied for about two months before last year's august mcat for maybe 2-3 hours a day. He managed well above 35.

Wow, thats it? Did he take any course or anything? What scores was he getting when he first started to study?

Members don't see this ad :)
He didn't take any courses, he told me he used a few kaplan books like the comp review and mcat 45. First practice was around 30 or so.

Took the August MCAT after taking the Kaplan course. As I calculated in a previous thread, think I studied around 300 hours (around 7 hours/day, 6 days a week, for 7 weeks). Took Sundays off. (The study time includes time spent in Kaplan lectures, practice tests and time watching videotapes.)

Blade28 said:
Took the August MCAT after taking the Kaplan course. As I calculated in a previous thread, think I studied around 300 hours (around 7 hours/day, 6 days a week, for 7 weeks). Took Sundays off. (The study time includes time spent in Kaplan lectures, practice tests and time watching videotapes.)

What score did u get?