How Long did it take you to get your LORs processed??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnwandering

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My LORs were sent on 8/8, but AMCAS says they haven't received them yet.
I thought the process was electronic?

I'm getting fairly worried at the moment~

Members don't see this ad.

Oh wait,
I added 2 extra schools but haven't sent LORs for those schools yet. I was wondering if that may have been a factor.

Does it only say received if it receives it for ALL of the schools I list?
Do some of the schools still receive the LORs if it doesn't say Received??

It should take a day between the time the evaluations are uploaded to VirtualEval and when they arrive at /show up on AMCAS. My letters were uploaded on 8/8, but my school forgot to put my letter number on my committee letter so they never arrived at AMCAS. When I called AMCAS they said they should have gotten them by the 9th.

I would check in with your letter writer(s) to make sure there isn't an error with their VirtualEval upload, if that is the system you are using. Once the letter number was added on 8/11, mine arrived at AMCAS by early on 8/12. :beat:

Members don't see this ad :)
However, will it still say received if they only receive LORs for 18/20 schools??

I have a different question. Can I send my application to AMCAS without letters of recommendation received? My application is complete at the moment save for LORs. Can I send in my application without LORs (to allow validation of my application) and as they the LORs come in, will AMCAS update my application?

I really want to be primary complete ASAP.

However, will it still say received if they only receive LORs for 18/20 schools??
I am not sure I completely understand your question. Do you mean that you didn't assign the letter to all the schools? If this is your question - yes, it should definitely still show up on your AMCAS and you should have gotten an e-mail confirming the receipt of your letter. Given my experience, it sounds like there might be a problem, but then again I'm super vigilant because there was an issue with my letters that I only discovered by calling.

I have a different question. Can I send my application to AMCAS without letters of recommendation received? My application is complete at the moment save for LORs. Can I send in my application without LORs (to allow validation of my application) and as they the LORs come in, will AMCAS update my application?

I really want to be primary complete ASAP.

Definitely, definitely, definitely submit your AMCAS NOW! You DO NOT need to wait. My letters came in yesterday and I submitted 6/27 complete on 7/20! You can start filling out secondaries without the letters.

Definitely, definitely, definitely submit your AMCAS NOW! You DO NOT need to wait. My letters came in yesterday and I submitted 6/27 complete on 7/20! You can start filling out secondaries without the letters.

awesome, thank you.

Yup.... I called my career center, they said they put them up and its just taking a few days. Complained, but they made a fuss about it.

I called AMCAS, and they said it could take 3-5 days for reception. Complained, but they made a fuss about it.

well, can't do anything about that. If it's not received by Monday and something is wrong... I'm going to blow something up